1. Take the first line of your favorite song and write a story using it as the first line.
2. You were out running in the woods when you fell down and hit your head. You wake up to find yourself in a dark hole, surrounding by small woodland creatures who are talking amongst themselves excitedly. You realize that you can understand what they are saying, and they are all suggesting different ways to kill you. The rabbits suggest putting you in a large trap, the fox suggests letting you go and chasing you down, etc. Write this scene.
3. Create a new human-esque race and describe it as thoroughly as possible. Be sure to describe appearance, culture, values, beliefs, etc.
4. You always look out the dark windows and wonder if something is out there. One night when you look, a small face with bright eyes appears at the window. Write about what you do, who/what it is, and why they are there.
5. Pick an event from your childhood that you wish would have gone differently. Write it as though it had happened ideally.
(These are some writing prompts that I found on Writer's Digest.com. If you like they have a place for responses to these prompts but I do hope you'll share them with us! :) http://www.writersdigest.com/WritingPrompts/ You can publish your responses under the page Promt Responses I ask though that you number them and type your name at the bottom. This is all experimental so if there are any problems let me know in a commentor email)